Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Catching Up....

Okay, I've been REALLY delinquent in my postings. But I've finally got the pictures off the camera and am ready to catch you all up on the recent LaJeunesse happenings. We'll start with the big news first.

We've finally done it. We've inflicted torture on our oldest son. As he said to me the other day, "You're ruining me, Mom!" I guess our work as parents is finished! I didn't think I'd hear that till teenage years! But, after a year of trying to get Enoch to break the bad habit of walking on his toes, we've had to resort to drastic measures. So here he is, the proud wearer of casts on both his feet:
Isn't the red with black stripes just stylin'? How fashion-forward my son is! Luckily, it hasn't slowed him down much. He's putting on the shoe things so he can go outside and play. He climbed the rock wall on the playset without any problems....
At least he's still smiling... Actually, he's been quite the trooper about the whole thing. No tears, no tantrums... Amazing! It's a little hard for me to watch him struggle doing things that are normally so easy for him. He has to crawl up the stairs, since he's not used to all that extra weight on his legs. And when we went to the library today he had to stop and rest in a chair. Poor guy! But he's doing well, and hasn't kicked his brother yet...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! His Quads are going to be strong after this, and his claves week. They don't look too bad. How long does he have to have them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember worrying when Logan had a cast on his arm (at 20 months old) that he would figure out what a great and convenient weapon he had, but it never happened! Hopefully, you'll have the same luck. Let us know when those "fashion statements" come off! Take care.

    ReplyDelete