Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Costumes? Who needs 'em?

So I spent this Halloween season trying to rejoice in my kids' imaginations. I kept asking them what they wanted to be for Halloween, and the answer would change fairly frequently. So I just waited until the last minute. Here they are all dressed up:


It's completely obvious who they are, isn't it? Andrew is Indiana Jones. Clearly. He has the hat and a piece of rope as his whip. Spent hours on that costume. And Enoch? Have you guessed it yet? If not, you must not be a 5-year-old obsessed with all things Indiana Jones. Obviously he is Short Round, because he has a baseball cap on.

So this is how they went trick-or-treating. I admit, I was a little embarrassed to go out with them, so I sent Victor with them. I could imagine what all the neighbors were thinking... "What greedy children! They didn't even dress up! They just want candy! What kind of mother would allow that behavior?"

Sigh. So I rejoice that they have good imaginations, that they aren't begging for expensive store-bought costumes, and that they really AREN'T greedy - they didn't even go up the whole street, just a small part of it. Victor asked them to go longer and get some more candy, but Enoch's response was simple, and quite accurate: "No Dad, we have enough!"

2 comments:

  1. Enoch sounds so grown up about having enough candy. My kids were very greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I guess you have to let your kids be whatever they want to be. And at least it was easy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete